Victoria Barracks
Victoria Barracks

Building 13, Victoria Barracks, is the former Officer’s Quarters and Officer’s Mess built in 1842 to the design of Royal Engineers George Barney and James Gordon. As it is one of the major stone buildings of the defence precinct at Paddington, OCP Architects were engaged by the Defence Housing Authority to document the conservation works. Together with conservation building firm Glenbiq Pty Ltd and specialist joinery firm, Woodworks Fine Joinery Pty Ltd, the exterior and interior of the building was comprehensively restored, including the repair of weathered stone sills and chimneys using indentation and epoxy repair techniques.

Victoria Barracks_02.jpg
Existing Pl.jpg