Burton Street Tabernacle
Burton Street Tabernacle

OCP Architects was engaged by City of Sydney Council to design, document and oversee construction of the restoration works to this significant heritage church building in Darlinghurst. Built in 1887, the Baptist Church operated in the heart of Darlinghurst until 1996 when it was sold to City Council due to dwindling congregation numbers. Externally, the scope of the restoration work included tuck pointing the brick façade and conservation works to the slate roof, copper work and stained glass leadlight windows. Internally, the conservation works consisted of an exquisite curved timber panelled ceiling and lime plasterwork.

IMG_0770.jpg
IMG_0694.jpg
IMG_0735.jpg
IMG_0750.jpg